Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Ranger stops driver with gun?

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Ranger stops driver with gun?

Postby rick56 » Sun May 15, 2011 1:56 pm

Anyone know about this? Care to elaborate? There was a thread about a ranger stopping someone with a gun in the park. I'm fairly certain that people carry in the wilderness and doubt they would admit it here. There was a thread on the other site but it got a bit out of hand with the anti second amendment crowd. I'd like to read a more balanced debate. Is that possible here? Thanks.
rick56
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Re: Ranger stops driver with gun?

Postby dan » Sun May 15, 2011 3:40 pm

According to the news article, Marvin Lee Zimbelman was holding a loaded gun, after being pulled over for a traffic violation. Later, the rangers found meth in his car (it may have been his girlfriends) and it turned out he was a felon.

http://www.fresnobee.com/2011/04/28/236 ... -drug.html

Man accused of gun, drug charges to appear. Fresno Bee, Thursday, Apr. 28, 2011
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby rick56 » Mon May 16, 2011 6:43 am

Glad he was caught. Wonder how a felon got a gun? They need to find out who sold it to him and make that person a felon too. So much for California's gun laws. FWIW I'm a soldier and a legal gun owner. I have zero tolerance for people like him and anyone who sells them out of a trunk. Too bad he did'nt shoot himself.
rick56
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Postby Wickett » Tue May 17, 2011 6:51 pm

I am glad he was apprehended without any injuries to the Rangers.

As to the discussion, to hot of a subject. Especially with the open unloaded carry law stuff right now...
Wickett
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby rick56 » Wed May 18, 2011 1:41 pm

Wickett,

Ok, but without discussion nothing is accomplished. I once saw a humorous bumper sticker. It showed a Bear with ammo belts and holding a rifle and wearing a pistol. It read "I support the right to arm bears" Ok Yogi
rick56
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Postby Wickett » Wed May 18, 2011 6:49 pm

True, I think there have already been a few gun discussions on the Yosemite boards and they boiled down to people calling each other names, then they were locked...
Wickett
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Visiting Yosemite