Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Campsite Swap August 5-7 FOR July 29-31

Discussion of camping and road-accessible campgrounds in and near Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Campsite Swap August 5-7 FOR July 29-31

Postby Mathes » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:43 pm

I have Upper Pines campsite reservations for August 5-7, 2001, however, I'm unable to make it up due to a scheduling conflict. I'd like to swap/trade reservations for July 29-31, 2011. Please let me know. I've posted on Craigslist, but it seems the scalpers keep flagging my posts because they can't take the competition. Thank you.
Mathes
First-timer
First-timer

Re: Campsite Swap August 5-7 FOR July 29-31

Postby bammartin » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:47 pm

Hi there,

We have lower pines (great spot at Merced river bank) 3 nght. July 25,26 27 we could perhaps swap?
bammartin

Postby Dave Miller » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:55 pm

You may wan to check with reservation.gov before you do any swap. The park just changed their rules and you cannot change the name on a reservation any longer.
Dave Miller
Very frequent poster
Very frequent poster

Postby bammartin » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:40 pm

Thanks for Reply Dan,

I get why they're making people show I.D. and for good reason, however what if your going with (say) a friend and you put reservation under your name and then you can't go-what's the friend suppost to do? There's gotta be a better way to filter out the families from the guy's/gal's that just sit around taking up spots to sell. What about showing photo copy of driver's license with a note to rangers. If you bought a spot off Craig's list your not going to be giving them your I.D. (?) or i guess "some" people probably would.

just venting-arg!!!

B'
just a mom trying to camp with the fam
bammartin

Postby Dave Miller » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:53 pm

I totally agree. I'm not a big fan of these "new" rules. I'm sure a lot of people are hammering them now about the new restrictions!

Good luck!
Dave Miller
Very frequent poster
Very frequent poster

Return to Yosemite Campgrounds