Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Bus or train travel to Yosemite National Park

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Bus or train travel to Yosemite National Park

Postby daleellenson » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:52 pm

My girlfriend and I are planning a 4 day backpacking trip the second week of august. I am looking for a way to get to the park from the Sacramento area by bus or train if possible. We are trying to get to the JMT trail head at dog lake. Is this possible or should I try to arrange other transportation?
daleellenson

Re: Bus or train travel to Yosemite National Park

Postby gtbhiker » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:47 pm

Here is a website that shows you how to take a train or bus to Merced. From Merced you take a YARTS bus to Yosemite Valley. Then there are daily buses leaving Yosemite Lodge to Tuolmne Meadows with stops at various trailheads.
http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/p ... tation.htm
gtbhiker
Regular
Regular

Re: Bus or train travel to Yosemite National Park

Postby daleellenson » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:09 pm

Thanks for the info!
daleellenson

Return to Visiting Yosemite