Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

NEED HELP with PARKING!! $$$$$$$$

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

NEED HELP with PARKING!! $$$$$$$$

Postby hbsurf » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:40 pm

Hi Forum! I've been camping in the valley for over 30 years. This is my first summer that I was unable to get a spot in the valley. Unfortuanetly I am staying at Yosemite Pines about an hour away. I've never had to worry about parking but since I've stayed in the valley for years I know it's an issue. Does anyone have any tips on parking spots? I know from being there my best option will be the trailhead parking for the Vernal hike. I think most people think they can't drive down that one way road. I am at the point where I would like to secure a spot with somone who is staying there between July 14-16?? If you have reservations in the valley and are in an RV and you wouldn't mind 1 truck on your spot I am willing to pay $$$$. Please help if you can...

Dave
hbsurf

Re: NEED HELP with PARKING!! $$$$$$$$

Postby AlmostThere » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:41 pm

????

Park in trailhead parking, Curry Village parking, Yosemite Village day use parking, or any other day use area parking and ride the free shuttle to the trailhead.

No need for histrionics - we have never failed to find parking when our hiking group shows up in 2-3 cars, if not in trailhead parking then at Curry. It's free. Don't forget to stick all your smellables in the lockers.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby hbsurf » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:33 pm

Thanks for the response. I have seen the valley fill up and watched folks driving around with no where to stop. I am just hedging my bets on the chance that the valley fills up early. We will have our bikes and would love to park and take off for the day. So.....hopefully it will all work out. I know it will be busy. Some of the post's on here are saying the drive around the valley floor is taking up to 2 hours!!! I will be arriving around 9:30 so I hope to be early enough to get a spot.
hbsurf

Postby AlmostThere » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:24 am

You might have difficulty in the early afternoon. It's never been a problem in the morning.

Traffic in the valley is usually moving except for the stretch between curry and yosemite village. Unless some lugnut decides to park in the middle of the road, get out and take a picture of a deer.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby hbsurf » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:26 pm

OK.... Thanks for the responses Almost there. I appreciate you taking the time to answer. I need my Yosemite fix and can't wait till next week. Were in Roseville now visiting family then off to San Fran then over to Yosemite Pines. Hopefully I can do my normal tour of Happy Isles....which by the way I'm always pleasently suprised that more people dont do, Vernal, Mirror lake and Lower Yosemite. CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!

Dave
hbsurf

Postby hbsurf » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:43 am

GREAT TRIP!!!!!!!! No problem with parking on Thursday and Friday. Curry and the trailhead for the JMT filled up by 10:30ish but we got there early. Had to park next to the meadow on Friday.

Dave
hbsurf

Return to Visiting Yosemite