Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

New Half Dome book

Discussion about hiking to the top of Half Dome, planning the trip, and when the Half Dome cables are installed in Spring or removed in Fall.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

New Half Dome book

Postby HalfDomeRick » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:36 pm

Hi gang,

Now that winter is here, we can only look at our Half Dome pix and plan our next hike. I just got added to the BOOKS section of this great Yosemite website. I have written the ONLY book on the Half Dome hike...."One Best Hike: Yosemite's Half Dome". It available at REI, Amazon, the park and the usual bookstores.

I've done the hike 21 times and waited for years to find a comprehensive book about it. None appeared so I wrote one. First a self published one - just for the love of the giant rock. Then I expanded it under the watchful eyes of Wilderness Press.

It's geared for first timers or returnees who want to make it less painful. A bit of history, geology, preparation, gear and lots of trailpix. Elevation profile, 16 points of interest, etc. Hey, my mom likes it! :D

Come see my website - I do a daily blog also - focuses on Half Dome. Go to :arrow: http://HikeHalfDome.com/

-Rick D
HalfDomeRick

Postby Carter » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:24 am

Nice work Rick! I have a cousin that was unable to make it to the top a few years back and really wants to do it... I'll check it out... Thanks
Day Hiker
Carter
Regular
Regular

Return to Half Dome Hiking