Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

White Wolf and The Tioga Pass

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

White Wolf and The Tioga Pass

Postby petho » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:31 pm

Hello all. I am planning this years visit and we would like to go up the Tioga Pass and stay at white Wolf Lodge. Our reservations got cancelled last year due to heavy show however I hear that the snow fall is very mild this year.
Question for the experts, are there any opinions on when White Wolf will open this year?
We would like to visit early in the year around the last month of June, are we crazy?
Perhaps a night at Tolumne Meadows if we get lucky.

Thanks!
petho
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Re: White Wolf and The Tioga Pass

Postby AlmostThere » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:25 pm

It might be heavy, it might be light, if it would fall already we could tell you.

If it does fall and it's heavy, you're better off making plans for the valley.

Sorry, wish I had that crystal ball too! I would know how to pack for search and rescue missions.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Re: White Wolf and The Tioga Pass

Postby petho » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:01 pm

Thanks for the advice.
We hit the floor every year and we are looking for a new adventure this summer. We are hoping to hit hetch Hetchy and White Wolf and then Tolumne then back down to San Diego.

You can get a lot of good information on the internet but you can't see the weather 6 months in advance!

Thanks!
petho
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Return to Visiting Yosemite