Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Campgrounds just outside yosemite

Discussion of camping and road-accessible campgrounds in and near Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Campgrounds just outside yosemite

Postby aj » Sat May 03, 2008 10:05 am

I'm planning a trip to Yosemite at the end of the month, but can only get reservations within the park for Hodgdon. Am I better off staying somewhere just outside the park? I'm looking for a campground that is both close to Yosemite valley, but is also nice on its own.

Thanks for any suggestions!!
aj

Re: Campgrounds just outside yosemite

Postby dan » Sat May 03, 2008 1:14 pm

There's other campgrounds further away down in the foothills--almost all private campgrounds and RV parks. They have nicer and more facilities--clean bathrooms, showers, Internet access, pool. They are also farther away and, in summer, hotter.

Personally, I think Hodgdon is better for its closeness to the valley and location in the forest and nearby meadow. I don't like the bathrooms, but otherwise I bring everything I need.
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby aj » Mon May 05, 2008 9:53 am

Thanks for the suggestion - very helpful! :)
aj

Return to Yosemite Campgrounds