Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

aug small backpacing trip

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

aug small backpacing trip

Postby james » Mon May 12, 2008 5:43 pm

hello i have res. for housekeeping in mid aug i was planing on take a couple friends on a sm backpacking doing the glassor point trail down to lyv camp but i called foe a permit and they said they were all gone ,,,,any advice
james

Re: aug small backpacing trip

Postby dan » Mon May 12, 2008 9:48 pm

My wife and I hiked down from Glacier Point, LYV to the Valley Floor (via the Mist trail) once in one day. Most (but not all) is downhill.

You can also try getting a permit the day before (preferably in the morning when they open). See the website http://www.nps.gov/yose/wilderness/

You can try another date.
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

james

Postby james » Mon May 12, 2008 10:18 pm

thanks how the Yosemite creek trail back into the valley i like hike by water thanks
james

Re: james

Postby dan » Tue May 13, 2008 12:14 pm

It's a nice peaceful hike along the creek. Down the Falls Trail you're real close to the falls and you get terrific closeup views of the upper and lower falls. The trail is steep--take your time.
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

james

Postby james » Tue May 13, 2008 12:28 pm

thanks
james

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking