Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

RV without reservation on Memorial Day?

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

RV without reservation on Memorial Day?

Postby enrique » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:20 pm

Hi all,
I'm thinking about going to Yosemite in an RV, I could get there early on the Friday, May 25, morning. Do you have any idea on how likely is it to find a place in a first come first serve camp? If there is any chance, which place do you recommend? I prefer a quiet place but I favor higher chances to actually get a place.
Also, I would prefer getting there on Saturday morning but I think that is asking for too much...
What do you think?

Thanks!
enrique
First-timer
First-timer

Re: RV without reservation on Memorial Day?

Postby Wickett » Thu May 03, 2012 4:21 pm

I am not familiar with the campsites that are out of the Valley but I can give you some info for the valley ones.

The only FCFS campsite is Camp 4 which is tent camping only where you park away from the shared site, normally you have to get there and camp in line all night.

The Pines campgrounds will have some cancellations/no shows. The place to get those is at the back of the Curry Village parking lot. Once again there is a line and on Memorial Day weekend there will be higher demand.

I have let people park their RV's in my spot when I only have a tent but they are normally random encounters and the person gets a lucky break.

Bridalveil campground is a FCFS RV campground with 110 sites, I do not know how fast they go though, and it is up Glacier Point road. http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/bvcamp.htm
Wickett
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Visiting Yosemite