Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Trailer size

Discussion of camping and road-accessible campgrounds in and near Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Trailer size

Postby jtobydc » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:50 am

We have a 28 ft. trailer but I was only able to reserve a site with maximum allowable trailer length of 24 ft. Does anyone know how strict they are on the difference? The site says **The maximum allowable trailer length in this site is 24 feet, due to maneuverability**. I don't think there would be any problem for me to "maneuver" it into the spot, just wonder if they will stop me at the gate. Anyone run ito this before?
jtobydc

Re: Trailer size

Postby Wickett » Thu May 03, 2012 4:34 pm

It depends on two things, the pad size and trees around the site. I put my 24' and two cars on a pad listed for 18' but that is for a specific site. Others have shown up just to find a few giant pines that make it impossible for them to pull their RV in. Post your site number/campground and some of the experts will be able to help you better.
Wickett
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Re: Trailer size

Postby jtobydc » Thu May 03, 2012 5:14 pm

Thanks Wickett,
I am in site 39 in Upper Pines. I think I will be alright as I had people on another forum say there is no problem with that site. Also, I think by Aug. when we are going, we will be in a RV instead of the Trailer. Thanks for the input.
jtobydc

Return to Yosemite Campgrounds