Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Lost digital SLR camera at foot of 4-Mile Trail, 25 May 2012

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Lost digital SLR camera at foot of 4-Mile Trail, 25 May 2012

Postby Franky » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:38 am

On Friday 25 May 2012 I lost a camera in the Yosemite Valley. I was parked at bus stop E5 at the foot of the 4-Mile Trail - as I was setting off again at approximately 7pm, I put the camera on the roof of my car and drove off. I heard a thump, and thought nothing of it till I realised I didn't have my camera. When I went back, I couldn't find it on or near the road.

The camera was a Nikon D80 with 18-200mm lens (lens slightly damaged). It's a large semi-professional digital SLR.

The camera is less important to me than the SD card containing beautiful photos of Yosemite in the mist and the snow, which I'll never be able to take again.

I don't know whether the finder was intending to return the camera/photos, but either way I offer a $100 reward for return of the photos (or information leading to it) and $200 for return of the photos+camera. No questions asked - all I want is the photos back.

I've registered the loss with the DNC and National Park Lost and Found offices.

Thanks,

Franky
Franky
First-timer
First-timer

Return to Visiting Yosemite