Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Transportation options?

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Transportation options?

Postby kzhlin » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:28 pm

Hey guys,

I was just wonder what other options there are for getting to Yosemite (curry village more specifically). I always drove up there but now I am getting a bit lazy and was wondering if there are any buses/shuttles/etc that will be going from Los Angeles to Yosemite.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin
kzhlin
First-timer
First-timer

Re: Transportation options?

Postby dan » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:08 pm

Yosemite from Los Angeles? Amtrak gets you to Merced from L.A. Union Station (and other stops). The leg between Union Station and Bakersfield is by Amtrak Bus (as there are no tracks). From Bakersfield to Merced, it's by train, which is unusual because you see different countryside over the usual Highway 99 route. Keep in mind that Amtrak service is unreliable in that there are frequent delays. You can also take regular bus service to Merced.

From Merced, take the regional bus service to Yosemite Valley, YARTS. It stops at all the Valley hotels, including Curry Village.
http://www.yarts.org/

The summer schedule (mid-May through Sept.) is more frequent than other times of year.
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Visiting Yosemite