Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Can I stay in LYV

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Can I stay in LYV

Postby frechley2 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:09 am

Hi Everyone,

I am planning a trip for this coming Monday and wanted some advice. I plan on getting a permit to leave from Tenaya and go to LYV on the first day. Will the rangers allow that? If it is not technically allowed, how strict are they about enforcing the day that you can be at a particular site?

Also, I am debating between going over Cloud's Rest and going around along the John Muir trail. I am looking for a hike that won't have too much elevation gain but will still be scenic. My end goal is to have a base camp from which we can make a day trip up to Half Dome.

Thanks for any input.

Steve
frechley2
First-timer
First-timer

Postby bill-e-g » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:21 am

I guess you already did the hike.
But... I hope you went over Clouds Rest and camped below it but not
in LYV. That would be .... um... why do that if you want to do HD the next day.
Hope you had fun
bill-e-g
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking