Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Cost of Eating

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Cost of Eating

Postby MarkA » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:58 am

I'm planning on a trip to the park in Aug. and have a few questions.
We will have a group and stay for a week.
I'm sure we'll have to go shopping for food, or eat at the park.
How much more expensive is the food inside the park? (Store, Snack Bar,....)
We are staying at Housekeping Camp, and can cook our own meals, so I"m think about bringing food for a few days and keeping it on ice.
If we need to go on a food run outside the park how far too the nearest shopping area?

Thanks,

Mark A
MarkA

Re: Cost of Eating

Postby AlmostThere » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:16 am

The grocery store in the village may be a little more expensive on some things, but it seems comparable to stores elsewhere.

Grocery stores in Oakhurst are Raleys and Vons, I think there is a CVS store. Mariposa has fewer stores but has motels and restaurants aplenty. Both would be about an hour from the park depending on traffic.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby lmsteck » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:02 am

I have to agree with AlmostThere. Not sure where you're from, but I find the prices at the Yosemite Village store to be comparable to prices in the San Francisco Bay Area for the most part. The store is also well stocked. In all the years we've been going to Yosemite we've never felt the need to leave the park to go grocery shopping.
lmsteck

Postby MarkA » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:36 am

Thanks for the advice. I'll pack in some stuff, but plan on shopping there also.

How are the snack bars, and other places to eat? After a long hike I don't know if I'll feel like cooking.

Thanks,

Mark A
MarkA

Postby AlmostThere » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:12 am

Lots of places to buy meals and snacks, but those will be inflated quite a bit. The Lodge has cafeteria food that costs quite a bit for the quality. Curry has burgers, pizza, etc but at a premium.

Pizza and beer is still nice after a 14 mile hike tho.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Visiting Yosemite