Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Mt Hoffman hike is "strenuous"?

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Mt Hoffman hike is "strenuous"?

Postby holly » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:53 am

I'm backpacking the HSC loop in early August and planning to spend a night per camp along the way (with the exception of Sunrise where I will take an extra day to do Clouds Rest). Anyways day two of the trip I'm hiking from Glen Aulin to May Lake and someone suggested I could probably summit Mt. Hoffman as well that day. I'm not expecting the short trips between camps to pose a problem for me, but was a bit worried when I saw the hike up Mt. Hoffman was ranked as "strenuous." Is it really a strenuous trip (only 4 miles)?
Thanks in advance!!!

Holly
holly

Postby bill-e-g » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:21 pm

If you are staying at the HSC at May Lake then it is approx 2 miles.
From the parking lot it is 4 miles. It is approx 1300 ft. in 1 mile-ish.
Top is < 11,000ft.
So, it all depends on your fitness, etc. at elevation. But the distance
is not much. You are sooo close if you have the time then
definitely do it. Especially since you say you are going to do Clouds Rest.
Have fun
bill-e-g
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking