Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Best Time to Visit Yosemite

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Best Time to Visit Yosemite

Postby archive » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:29 pm

Author: Harry Lowles (---.san.rr.com)
Date: 04-28-01 15:31

Good Day

We are thinking of visiting in mid October. Is this a good time to visit, or would
September be a better time.
Thank you for all replies

Harry
http://www3.sympatico.ca/hlowles

Re: Best Time to Visit
Author: Dan Anderson (---.san.rr.com)
Date: 04-28-01 15:34

September would be warmer.

As long as you arrive after labor day (1st monday in September), it shouldn't be too crowded.

In both September and October, Yosemite Falls is usually dried up.

Author: Praveen (---.pool019.at101.earthlink.net)
Date: 12-30-01 01:09

we are planning to go in Jan, Is this right time to go or wait another month or so

Author: Dan Anderson (---.san.rr.com)
Date: 12-31-01 12:57

It's cold in January. The Glacier Point Road and Tioga Road are closed. Most people come to ski, ice skate, or snow shoe in winter. The valley is usually warm enough to hike around in, but it is often covered in snow.

If this is alright, you'll find it less crowded than Summer.

Otherwise, come around May. The summer crowds haven't arrived yet (it's worse in July and August), the waterfalls are usually full, and there's lots of flowers in the meadows.

Will I see water falls???
Author: Wanli Yang (---.oracle.com)
Date: 03-21-02 15:26

I plan to visit Yosemite in end-March or first week of April. What are the chances of my seeing the falls?

Last time I visitied in September and it was all dry out there!

I will really appreciate any response...

Thanks,
~W
archive
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Visiting Yosemite