Yosemite > A - Z >
Yosemite Online A - Z
The following websites are about Yosemite National Park.
See also Selected best Yosemite websites.
Know of a Yosemite website not listed here?
Then please fill out this Link Exchange Form.
- Half Dome Adventure,
travelogue about hike to the top
- American Southwest: Yosemite,
park guide with text and photographs
- Ansel Adams Gallery
Photographs by the classic photographer of Yosemite
park guide with lots of info (same as AreaGuide.com)
Yosemite Area Travel Info
Basic visitor information for the area surrounding Yosemite;
very slow page
- Yosemite Artists,
art works from artists living in Yosemite
- Yosemite Association
Non-profit support group for Yosemite National Park; has
an on-line bookstore, seminars.
Now merged into Yosemite Conservancy
- Ahwahnee Village, Native American village behind the Visitor's center in Yosemite Valley
- Yosemite Area Audubon (Mariposa County)
- The Backcountry,
backpacking trip descriptions in Yosemite.
BASE jumping in Yosemite is illegal & dangerous--RIP :-().
- Bill Jones for Senate,
email spammer Bill Jones ran for US Senator from California
- Yosemite Blog,
news items about Yosemite
Blue Bison Page for kids
facts & cartoons on animals & geology, maps
"Yosemite Bob" (Bob Roney) Twitter page
- Yosemite Bug Rustic Mountain Resort
hostel on Higwhay 140 in Merced Canyon
- Yosemite Bug Bus
Yosemite tours from San Francisco to Yosemite
- California Hiking Page,
information on backpacking in and near Yosemite
- California Historical
Yosemite Valley 1907
- California Whitewater River Rafting,
rafting on the Merced River, below Yosemite Valley
view available campsites in real-time.
Photos of Yosemite campsites
- Yosemite Valley Campers Coalition:
Help Save Yosemite Valley's North Pines Campground
- Yosemite Climbing Association
- Yosemite Conservancy,
non-profit fund raising group supporting Yosemite National Park
- The Digital Travelers Connection,
for travelers to access email, Internet, & other communication needs.
DNC Parks & Resorts at Yosemite
A good guide to concessionaire services,
such as food, lodging, and tours.
- Yosemite Digital Photographs,
public domain photographs by Thomas H. Tanner
- Digital City: Yosemite,
a creative writing website
- Photos by
large format photographs of Yosemite
- Y Explore Yosemite Adventures guided photography hiking tours in Yosemite
- Yosemite Explorer,
photos and backcountry trip reports
- Everything Yosemite.
Learn and share everything about Yosemite, “Your National Park.” I’ll help you find what you need to know
- Official Yosemite National Park Facebook page
- Yosemite Falls Facts and Geology
- Yosemite Falls Bed and Breakfast (Yosemite West)
are crooks! Please avoid them.
You have been warned!
- Friends of YOSAR,
Yosemite Search and Rescue
Yosemite Sierra Visitors Bureau
Basic visitor information on Yosemite
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Detailed answers to several common questions about Yosemite
- Friends of Yosemite Valley,
grass roots advocacy group
- Yosemite Fun,
lots of practical visitor information & photos from a nearby resident
- G. Dan Mitchell Yosemite photography
- Yosemite Gold Country,
visitor information on Yosemite and the area northwest of Yosemite
Golden Gate Photo - Yosemite Gallery,
Fine art photography of Yosemite
- Yosemite Guardian,
Earth Island Institute's park planning info
(not much there yet)
- Yosemite Guides,
adventure travel and nature exploration in Yosemite area
- Half Dome and Rainbow, Yosemite,
by Adrian Davis Photography
- Half Dome Chronicles of Early Ascents by Harv Galic (2008, 2023)
- Yosemite daily time-lapse movies of Half Dome (Quicktime plugin required)
- Yosemite Hang Gliding Association
- Hetchy Hetchy Valley Indian History, by the Mono Paiute Community
- Yosemite History Online,
information on early explorers & conservationists of Yosemite
Road conditions for roads into Yosemite (CalTrans)
Use Highway 41 from the south, 120 from the east & north, 140
from the west (Merced).
Hetch Hetchy Valley,
information on the City of San Francisco's destruction and
opposition to restoring Hetch Hetchy Valley in Yosemite Park
- Discover Hetch Hetchy (Environmental Defense)
background information on Hetch-Hetchy Valley, Yosemite Park,
- Restore Hetch Hetchy
organization for restoring Hetch Hetchy Valley
by decommissioning the old San Francisco dam,
replacing water & power with downstream sources
- Hetch Hetchy Restoration Study
(California Dept. of Water Resources)
- Yosemite Hikes, best places to hike in Yosemite National Park.
- Hike Half Dome, by Mr. Half Dome
- Yosemite Historical Club (YHC), private club in Mariposa for collectors of Yosemite memorabilia. Also called the Mariposa - Yosemite Historical Society
Information, park guide
- Japanese blog about Yosemite,
written in Japanese for the Japanese Traveler
- Jeffrey Trust: Tales from Yosemite,
blog by a Yosemite Ranger Naturalist.
- Lions Club Yosemite Chapter meets 1st and 3rd Thursdays noon in the Ahwahnee Hotel
- Lower Yosemite Falls Loop,
handheld video tour
pictures of a Yosemite trip in 1999.
Yosemite Suite (classical piano music by Benkman, 1934)
- Yosemite Marching Band (YouTube Video)
- Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias Guide and Map
- Mariposa Photographic-Natural Exposures, Wedding and Portrait Photographer in and around Yosemite National Park
- Moonbow Predictions for Lower Yosemite Fall
- Motels in and near Yosemite
John Muir Exhibit
Extensive information on this
early defender of Yosemite and preservation advocate.
Muir-o-Matic: Search the Writings of John Muir
- Yosemite Museum Historical Photographs,
selected photographs from the NPS Yosemite Research Library
(Mariposa County Library)
Yosemite Music & Art
Tom Bopp and other Yosemite musicians and artists
- Yosemite facts, tips, stories, & threats, by NPCA (National Park & Conservation Association)
National Park Service
Good source for Yosemite visitor information, weather, and news.
National Park Service Planning
Good source for Yosemite planning and park management issues
- National Parks Art,
Paintings of Yosemite and other National Parks by Mark Gudmundsen
- National Park Travel,
Offers reservations and information about national parks
non-profit nature education for children (formerly Yosemite Institute)
- William Neill Photography
landscape photographs of Yosemite and elsewhere
- Yosemite News,
news and discussion forum about Yosemite
- Yosemite Nordic Ski Patrol (historical; discontinued 2003)
- Chiura Obata exhibit, online artist exhibit
- Frederick Law Olmsted,
early landscape architect in Yosemite (1865)
- Yosemite Online Library,
- Ostrander Ski Hut
unofficial information about a ski hut you reach by cross-country
skis in winter
- Yosemite Park Partners,
Yosemite-affiliated non-profit and for-profit companies
- Peak Light Images,
Yosemite Photo Galleries with orderable prints.
- Penny Otwell Studio,
mostly Yosemite- and Sierra Nevada-themed landscape paintings
- Yosemite People,
a photography project by Jonas Kulikauskas
Yosemite photos from the PhotoGuides book
- Yosemite Places In Paradise,
vacation home rental in Yosemite West
- Arthur C. Pillsbury. Yosemite Photographer
- Pioneer Yosemite History Center
historical Yosemite buildings at Wawona
- Quaking Aspen Books
publisher of books on Yosemite history and nature study
- Radanovich Galleria & Books, Yosemite books, historic photographs, and art; located in Mariposa
- Yosemite Valley Railroad,
historical website about the old Yosemite Valley Railroad (YVRR)
- Yosemite Valley Railroad,
historical website about the old Yosemite Valley Railroad (YVRR) and book
- Yosemite Valley Railroad Company,
organization proposing the restoration of the railroad to Yosemite
- Yosemite Renaissance,
annual competitive exhibit & artist-in-residence program
The Yosemite Rock Page
information on rock climing routes
- Reservations for National Park campgrounds for Yosemite and other federal areas
- Resorts in and near Yosemite
- Yosemite Restoration Trust, advocacy group (inactive)
- Yosemite Ridge at Camp Wawona, for children with life-threatening diseases
- Roadside Geology of Yosemite Valley
- Rotary Club of Yosemite National Park
- Scenes &
Thoughts of Yosemite,
travelogue about camping and hiking in Yosemite
- 17 Gigapixel image of Yosemite Valley high-resolution image
Information on conservation from the nation's premier
conservation organization with long ties to Yosemite.
This includes the Sierra Club's
Sierra Nature Notes
Online Journal of natural history of the Sierra Nevada mountains
- Shadow Soldier,
online exhibit about Black soldiers who protected Yosemite in the early 1900s.
- Sharsmith Peak proposal,
after Ranger-Naturalist Dr. Carl W. Sharsmith (1903-1994).
Informally called "False White Mountain"
- Sierra Mono Museum,
North Fork, California. About Mono Paiute Indians
- Southern Yosemite Mountain Guides,
active travel & guide services in Yosemite and Sierra Nevada
- Sprout family
Elvira Sprout, a yosemite pioneer, was James Hutching's first wife
and they made an unhappy marriage.
- Mount Star King earliest ascents: Story retold by Harv Galic (2023)
Stereographs of Yosemite in 3-D color
- Yosemite Stock Photographs by climber and photographer Chris Falkenstein
- Sugar Pine Railroad
historical logging railroad just south of Yosemite Park
- Yosemite Tails, history, information and photos.
large format photographs and fine art prints of Yosemite
- Yosemite Tours
Daily tours to Yosemite National Park with free hotel pick up and drop off
- Yosemite T-Tours,
drive a Model T Ford through Yosemite
- Yosemite Tours,
information guide on Yosemite National Park Tours
- Yosemite Tours.travel,
1-5 day tours of Yosemite National Park
- A Tour of Old Village, essasy about photographer Arthur C. Pillsbury and old Yosemite Village by her grandaugher Melinda Pillsbury-Foster
- Tuolumne Meadows Rock Climbing forum by climber and photographer Chris Falkenstein
Travel for Kids: Yosemite National Park,
fun things to do with your kids in Yosemite
Trails on DVD,
DVD trail guide & accompanying booklet with insiders' tips & a local's perspective. Trails accessed via DVD menus.
- San Francisco Yosemite Tours, daily departures from San Francisco to Yosemite by Van & Bus. Tours available
Yosemite Travel Online
On-line travel agency to reserve hotels, airlines, and rental cars.
- Undiscovered Yosemite,
personal remembrances about Yosemite, Doug Hubbard, Stephen Mather,
and Yosemite history
- US District Court, Yosemite
- Virtual Yosemite
live view of Yosemite Valley (Yosemite Conservancy)
- Virtual Reality Panoramas of Yosemite
- Carleton E. Watkins,
photographs from a pioneer photographer in Yosemite
Wawona homeowners (out of date)
- Howard Weamer Photography,
fine art prints of Yosemite
- Yosemite Weddings,
directory of Yosemite area wedding services.
- Yosemite Winter Club,
downhill ski club at Badger Pass
- Yosemite Writers Conference
Yahoo directory for Yosemite
lists several webpages about Yosemite, both good and not-so-good.
San Francisco initiative to restore Hetch Hetchy Valley.
- Yosemite the word "Yosemite" is skipped
in this alphabetical index--look under the next word
(e.g., "C" for "Yosemite Conservancy")
- Official Yosemite National Park videos
- Zephyr Whitewater Expeditions,
rafting trips on the Merced and Tuolumne rivers near Yosemite
Back to Yosemite, California Home
Copyright © 1997-2012 Dan Anderson. All rights reserved.
17 July 2023.
If you have questions or comments,
please send a message to