Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Drive to Glacier Pt and Tenaya Lake in 25' RV okay?

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Drive to Glacier Pt and Tenaya Lake in 25' RV okay?

Postby bofhluser » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:02 pm

We're not camping, just visiting for a couple of hours for a lunch picnic. Is this do-able, will I be able to park for an hour or two and go back to where we came from (we're staying in a private rv park outside of yosemite). I want to make sure that I can make a u-turn or turn around in a parking area in Glacier and Tenaya Lake (I've not driven a 25 footer previously). Thank you.
bofhluser
First-timer
First-timer

Postby Heybooboo » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:48 am

Which RV park are you staying at? Are you on Hwy 120 or Hwy 41? And if you've never driven a 25 footer, let alone driven in the park, wow, what an undertaking. If you're coming in from Hwy 140 and El Portal, be careful of the rock wall on the right side, there is almost no clearance. My grandfather wrecked the steps on his 32' "road whale" against that wall many times when he would forget to fold them in.

It makes a big difference which area you're going to if you know where you're coming from. To drive a 25' RV from Glacier Point to Tenaya Lake will take you a good 2-3 hours.

Turning around in the Glacier Point parking lot will not be a problem.

There is not a good parking "lot" at Tenaya Lake, just parking along the shoulder and there is no good turn-around there. You would be best to go to Tuolumne Meadows to turn around, it's only a few more minutes down the road from Tenaya Lake.
Smarter than the average bear.
Heybooboo
Very frequent poster
Very frequent poster

Postby hikehigh » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:35 pm

I think you will be fine. I once drove a 26' Uhaul through Yosemite with no problems. Its a long story, don't ask.
hikehigh
Regular
Regular

Return to Visiting Yosemite