Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Gates of the Valley

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Gates of the Valley

Postby hcky88 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:19 pm

So I have seen pictures of the Gates of the Valley. How do you get there? Where is it located?
hcky88

Re: Gates of the Valley

Postby Dave Miller » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:01 pm

hcky88 wrote:So I have seen pictures of the Gates of the Valley. How do you get there? Where is it located?

The Gates of the Valley, also known as Valley view is a pullout on Northside Drive in the valley. I believe it is the last pullout you come to before you get to the intersection where HWY 41 & HWY 140 split.

You can't miss it, it will be on your left hand side as the road curves left and then right again. I always stop there to enjoy the sights whether or not I have my camera in hand!
Dave Miller
Very frequent poster
Very frequent poster

Re: Gates of the Valley

Postby dan » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:44 am

Actually it's easy to miss if you don't know it's there, since Northside Drive is one way (westbound) and the view is eastbound. If you know what you're looking for, or have a passenger looking behind, it's easier to spot. It's a turnout after passing El Capitan, but before the Highway 41/140 split. The turnout is on the left, above the Merced River bank.
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking