Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Sept 4 days Backpacking TM - Cathedral - May - Glen Alin

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Sept 4 days Backpacking TM - Cathedral - May - Glen Alin

Postby Wolf » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:28 pm

Hey guys, need some advice and tips from you.

I'm planning a 4-day trip

Day1: TM to Cathedral Lake
Day 2: Cathedral Lakes to May Lake via Sunrise and Tenaya Lake
Day 3: May Lake to Glen Aulin.
Day 4: Glen Aulin back to TM

So,
Any comments on this trip?
I know Day 2 will be around 12 to 13 miles. Do you think it will be doable?
Where can I park my car?
Any other suggestion to make the trip better?

Thanks!
Wolf
Wolf
Regular
Regular

Postby centurycyclist » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:19 pm

I think you need to go all the way to Sunrise the first day. Just leave early (you don't need to leave TOO early) so you can enjoy Cathedral Lakes. Sunrise at sundown is not to be missed. Then back to May Lake? At least it is mostly downhill-should not be a problem. This depends on the level of fitness of the group. May Lake to Glen Aulin---EZ. GA to TM, Again, EZ> You can park at the Dog Lake parking lot. Since you are leaving early , you should get a spot, without a problem. Then again, there are multiple places along Tioga Road where you can park, then take the shuttle back to your car. Hope this is helpful.
centurycyclist
Very frequent poster
Very frequent poster

Postby hiker97 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:41 pm

I agree that going all the way to Sunrise on the first day would be the way to go. Then day 1 and day 2 become much more balanced.
hiker97
Very frequent poster
Very frequent poster

Postby Wolf » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:46 pm

Great! I'll do that. I've already got the permit for Sunrise for the first night. Thank you guys.
Wolf
Wolf
Regular
Regular

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking