Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Looking for a 2 day hike for this weekend.

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Looking for a 2 day hike for this weekend.

Postby jtichon » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:29 pm

Hey.

I'm heading tomorrow to Yosemite, and planning on doing a 2 days hike with a one night wilderness camp on Sat-Sun.
I was wondering if anyone have any updated suggestions for a 2 days backpacking trails in the Yosemite Valley area... (preferably heading the north of the valley toward Tioga road but I will take any better offer).

I am intending to go with Normal hiking boots (no winter shoes, crampons etc...) which means I'm not prepared for deep snow hikes. Though i will be equipped with good enough gear to handle any temperature issues and patches of snow.

What would be the best trails to do at moment that include one night in the wilderness - also if possible not to return from the same route back down to the valley (unless the is no better option).
sorry for the weird question :) hope anyone can help me out here.
Thanks! :)
jtichon

Postby AlmostThere » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:36 pm

The higher you go, the more snow there will be. It snowed earlier this week.... webcams show snow - the ones that work, anyway. You might get to Little Yosemite Valley.

At least the weather looks to be good.

If you ignore the gate and go up the Mist trail, don't forget the poncho and crampons. Will be icy.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby jtichon » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:28 pm

Thanks for the quick reply I appreciate it. I guess I'll just go and check the conditions with the people over there... (I always find it better then webcams :) ) anyway Little Yosemite sounds really great... Thanks again.
jtichon

Postby balzaccom » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:06 am

My nephew just returned from a weekend of day hiking there. His photos show snow on the trail to Nevada Falls, and that was before this latest storm. This is a snowy year, so plan accordingy!
balzaccom
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking