Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Seeking advice for 2 night backpacking trip

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Seeking advice for 2 night backpacking trip

Postby hiker10 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:17 pm

Looking to plan a two night backpacking trip for the end of May and would like to hear some recommendations. A loop trail would be nice if possible and some good places to fish along the way are a must. Any advice/information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
hiker10

Postby hiker10 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:37 pm

I would also like to add that we are not dead set on yosemite. If anyone knows of any other good backpacking trails that meet the criteria listed I would love to hear about them.
thanks
hiker10

Postby sierranomad » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:53 am

Your choices are going to be limited due to snow.

You could take a look at Hetch Hetchy. You could do a loop to Lake Vernon, cross Tiltill Creek, by Wapama Falls. This is roughly 23 miles. But I don't know what the fishing in Lake Vernon is like, as I am not a fisherman.

There is another option from HH; Migeul Meadow and Laurel Lake, but I haven't been there. But I haven't seen anything in the sierra that isn't worthy of a backpacking trip.
sierranomad
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby sierranomad » Sat May 01, 2010 6:08 am

...on second thought.

While the trail to Lake Vernon and over to Rancheria Falls is OK, it's not that great, IMO. I'm not crazy about O'Shaunessy Damm, and you spend considerable time around it.

The beauty of HH, is when you get further back.

If I were looking for a weekend trip I would head up past Little Yosemite Valley. But be prepared for snow.
sierranomad
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Re: Seeking advice for 2 night backpacking trip

Postby hotrod4x5 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:13 am

hiker10 wrote:Looking to plan a two night backpacking trip for the end of May and would like to hear some recommendations. A loop trail would be nice if possible and some good places to fish along the way are a must. Any advice/information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
How was your trip? Where did you go?
hotrod4x5
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking