Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Upper Yosemite falls trail conditions

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Upper Yosemite falls trail conditions

Postby dineshk » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:28 pm

Hi all,
I am planning to hike the upper Yosemite falls trail next weekend (June 12-13) to the top of the falls and if time permits to Yosemite point. Anybody know what the snow conditions are up there? I won't have snowshoes or any other equipment other than good hiking shoes. I don't mind the occasional snow patch on the trail but am uncomfortable with steep snow patches. Ideally I would like to get to Yosemite point but I don't want to slog it up the trail if I can't at least get to the viewpoint at the top of the falls. Thanks.
dineshk

Re: Upper Yosemite falls trail conditions

Postby Wawona1 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:01 pm

dineshk wrote:Hi all,
I am planning to hike the upper Yosemite falls trail next weekend (June 12-13) to the top of the falls and if time permits to Yosemite point. Anybody know what the snow conditions are up there? I won't have snowshoes or any other equipment other than good hiking shoes. I don't mind the occasional snow patch on the trail but am uncomfortable with steep snow patches. Ideally I would like to get to Yosemite point but I don't want to slog it up the trail if I can't at least get to the viewpoint at the top of the falls. Thanks.

It's snow free now.
Wawona1
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking