Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

jmt in july

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

jmt in july

Postby kmarkel » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:05 pm

Hi. I have planned to hike the JMT this year (travelling from Canada) and was able to secure a permit from Mount Whitney. Is it easy to secure a walk in permit starting from the other direction? I applied for both...but no luck. I have 13 - 14 days to complete. Have done a fair bit of research and hiking and think this is doable. But just in case, wondering about transport options off the trail if I discover that I can't make it to TM before my flight. Any comments?
kmarkel
First-timer
First-timer

Postby hotrod4x5 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:27 am

If you exit the JMT down into the Valley, the Yarts will take you to Merced and you can make connections there. http://www.yarts.com/schedules.html
hotrod4x5
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking