Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Hetch Hetchy

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Hetch Hetchy

Postby Malbomber » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:56 pm

I want to plan a fishing trip in the areas around Hetch Hetchy. Anyone know some good fishing lakes or rivers that are more secluded? Also, I was thinking about going towards the end of July, about when are the mosquitoes really bad around there?
Malbomber

Re: Hetch Hetchy

Postby Wawona1 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:48 pm

Malbomber wrote:I want to plan a fishing trip in the areas around Hetch Hetchy. Anyone know some good fishing lakes or rivers that are more secluded? Also, I was thinking about going towards the end of July, about when are the mosquitoes really bad around there?

Laurel Lake, and about the time you'll be there, bugs will be bad. Yea...
Wawona1
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Postby bill-e-g » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:31 pm

If you want secluded then you need to go late or early.

Laurel has great fishing... but is a woods surrounded lake.
Vernon is good.

Most of the lakes off trail do not have fish. Branigan sux for fishing..
(at least for me).

Wilma I had lots o good luck with... Tilden the bomb.
So... you gotta go far...
bill-e-g
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking