Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Showers at the backpackers campground in Yosemite Valley?

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Showers at the backpackers campground in Yosemite Valley?

Postby yosemethan » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:46 pm

Are there showers in the backpacker's campground in Yosemite Valley?
yosemethan

Postby hotrod4x5 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:06 am

Nope. But you can use the ones in Curry Village. Whether or not they charge a fee I am not sure. I know the main shower house has an attendant, but they have built new shower buildings which are smaller, and when I was there in April, they had no attendant and anyone could walk in and use them. You do need your own towel. Perhaps that is the difference, the main shower house has towels and hence, charges a fee.
hotrod4x5
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby tm » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:56 pm

Only the showers by the pool area are open in Curry Village. The other ones closed due to the rockslide. The cost has been $5.00 but rarely have I been charged.
tm
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Postby hotrod4x5 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:48 pm

tm wrote:Only the showers by the pool area are open in Curry Village. The other ones closed due to the rockslide. The cost has been $5.00 but rarely have I been charged.
What rockslide? There are showers a stone's throw from the eastern end of the parking lot that were open in April.
hotrod4x5
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby dan » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:00 pm

hotrod4x5 wrote:
tm wrote:Only the showers by the pool area are open in Curry Village. The other ones closed due to the rockslide. The cost has been $5.00 but rarely have I been charged.
What rockslide? There are showers a stone's throw from the eastern end of the parking lot that were open in April.

The rockslide last year (2009) closed more Curry tents/cabins.The showerhouse next to the pool and near the parking lot is open. The other showerhouse in the back is closed. The public showerhouse is still open and it costs a few bucks if the attendant is there (and you get a clean towel). If nobody is there, go right in, but bring your own towel.
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby cjoz » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:54 pm

I was there on Friday night. Paid $5 to get in and get a towel. Nice and hot and no time limit. They have shampoo/soap dispensers in the shower stall. Can do your laundry at the same time. :)
cjoz
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Postby Pack_Envy » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:09 pm

I guess the trick is to go there after 7pm when there is no longer an attendant? And you can walk right in for the shower, but no towel. We got there at about 6:45 pm and had to pay $5. Not 100% sure though if they were on break or not, and this was last Saturday.
Pack_Envy

Postby cjoz » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:11 am

I was there Friday. They were there just past 9pm when I got there and were gone when I came out around 9:30pm. Early morning (like 7am) there was nobody there and people were just going in/out.
cjoz
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking