Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

2 day trip

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

2 day trip

Postby hpcantua » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:02 am

Hello,

I am looking at hiking in Yosemite the weekend of July 10th with my boyfriend, his father, and his brother. We have done some backpacking in the past, and his dad is a very experienced backpacker. We are all in pretty good shape and looking for a pretty strenuous route with not many people.

After looking around (the advice on here always seems really good!) I think we would like to start in Yosemite Valley and then maybe go up Yosemite Falls trail to El Capitan or maybe Snow Creek. We obviously would like some great views, and ending a lake/water would be even better. We'd like to spend one night, and possibly try to take a different trail back down? We'd rather do a look than an out and back if possible. Any suggestions on which trails to take? Or any other route you'd recommend?
hpcantua
First-timer
First-timer

Re: 2 day trip

Postby dan » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:09 am

The trips you mention sound good. Head up the Yosemite Falls Trail or Snow Creek Trail and come back on the other one. Do a side trip to El Cap (and make sure to see the great view from Eagle Peak along the way). Also make sure to hit North Dome and the natural arch at the top of the ridge heading north from North Dome.

Consider taking the hiking bus leaving in the morning from the Yosemite Valley hotels and hike in from the Tioga Road. Then you can hike down to the Valley. A lot less work. Start at Yosemite Creek or Olmsted Point.
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking