Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

vogelsang

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

vogelsang

Postby hikerlinda » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:13 am

Did anyone go up over Vogelsang last weekend? That would have been June 67-27. Even the ranger at wilderness center could not confirm the chance of getting through yet.

Also anyone been through Long Meadow between Sunrise and Cathedral? Dying to know the conditions.
Thanks
hikerlinda

vogelsang

Postby Robert » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:45 am

I had planned on taking a group through Lyell Canyon, then up to Vogelsang and then down Rafferty Creek. Because of snow reports we ended up hiking into Lyell Canyon and then set up a base camp. On day two we did a day hike up the mountain towards Vogelsang, but past 10,400 feet was 100% snow coverage. So, we didnt even make it to the Ireland Lake Trail.

If it stays as warm as it was this past weekend I think alot of the snow will be melted off in another week or so. About 2 miles down Lyell Canyon the trail starts to have some really muddy spots, but other than that it is very accessible.

I will say that the trip was awesome and everyone had a great time. The weather was great and the views were amazing.
Robert

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking