Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Camping on Tuolumne to Vogelsang trail

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Camping on Tuolumne to Vogelsang trail

Postby adrianhoff » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:01 pm

My originally planned a.m. arrival at Tuolumne for a September hike may be pushed back to late afternoon. If so, are there any decent camping spots on the Vogelsang HSC trail. I know I have to go at least three miles. Thanks.
adrianhoff
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Postby sierranomad » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:00 am

Will you be reaching Vogelsand via Rafferty Creek Tr or Lyell Canyon?

Lyell Canyon has some great places to camp, Rafferty Creek also has decent places to set up a tent.
sierranomad
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby adrianhoff » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:00 am

First time starting at Tuolumne. To acclimate, I’d planned a day or two in Lyell Canyon: then Ireland Lake to Bernice Lake to Cony Crags Creek to Foerster Creek ..... over Red Peak Pass and out at Glacier Point. If I can't escape the office as long as originally planned, I’ll go directly to Vogelsang on the Rafferty trail. If I’m taking that route, it’ll be a late start. I just wanted to be sure that I could stop along the trail if needed. Thanks.
adrianhoff
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Postby sierranomad » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:50 am

OK, yeah. Either way you go you will have places you can stop.
sierranomad
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby bill-e-g » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:32 pm

There's some nice places N of Tuolumne Pass in the woods W of
the trail. We've LNT camped there before coming out from
Florence Lake (via Bernice Lake). (couldn't talk the wife into x-ing over to Reymann also) :(

If you do it right you may be able to see the crest from Fletcher to Parsons
or Vog Peak.
bill-e-g
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking