Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Waterwheel, LeConte, and Tuolumne Canyon Questions

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Waterwheel, LeConte, and Tuolumne Canyon Questions

Postby KC » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:47 am

Was planning to do Emigrant Wilderness/North Yosemite, but after talking to the people at the pack stations up there, am now considering Grand Canyon of the Tuolumne. Has anyone seen the falls recently in the canyon? Are they still (or should I still expect them to be) pretty nice? Is there a lot of nice camping in the canyon?

Never done the canyon before, but figure with the time available (about 3.5 days) and the water flow this year, I might as well.
KC
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby backpacker3 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:30 am

Waterfalls in the GCT are booming right now!
backpacker3

Postby sierranomad » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:50 am

I was there a week and a half ago and the falls were spectacular. Be prepared for mosquitoes.
sierranomad
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking