Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Mosquito report Lyell Canyon Donahue Pass?

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Mosquito report Lyell Canyon Donahue Pass?

Postby Kpeter » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:38 pm

I will be coming from Agnew meadows over Donahue pass and down Lyell Canyon in a week. I can handle mosquitoes, but I may have party members with me who have only modest tolerance for the pesky critters. I need to make a recommendation as to whether they should stay home and wait for a less buggy time.

Has anyone been up Lyell Canyon very recently? Over Donahue? To 1000 Island? The trip reports I've been reading are all two or more weeks old.
Kpeter
Regular
Regular

Postby KC » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:13 pm

Not sure how those areas are now mosquito wise, but if they're anything like the May Lake-Glen Aulin-Grand Canyon of the Tuolumne circuit, be prepared for ugliness. Bring plenty of Deet or whatever you prefer to keep them off of you.
KC
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby bill-e-g » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:38 pm

It's MID July. You just have to prepare the for worst and expect the best.
That's just the way it is.
bill-e-g
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking