Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

4 night trip advice 1st yosemite trip

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

4 night trip advice 1st yosemite trip

Postby roffy02 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:30 pm

3 of us are planning a 4 night backpacking trip starting Sunday August 1st. We have never been to the park, and though I am an experienced backpacker, one group member is a novice. I am looking for a loop hike or a one way hike with a shuttle drop off, and I would like to average about 6 miles/day average (25-35 mile trip), or even base camp one place a couple nights and do side trips to lakes or peaks. Fishing opportunities would be great as well. I should mention that I haven't gotten a permit yet.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
roffy02

Postby KC » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:24 pm

May Lake to Glen Aulin is pretty nice. An easy first day to get acclimated with a chance to go up Mt. Hoffman. The next day, you can hike to Glen Aulin, maybe putting down somewhere away from the HSC (plenty of spots). Base camp and you have some nice day hiking opportunities, including visits to the waterfalls in Grand Canyon of the Tuolumne.

Obviously, that's just one suggestion; you have a whole park in front of you. There's plenty to enjoy.
KC
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking