Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Good Long Dayhikes

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Good Long Dayhikes

Postby SEKI-YOSE » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:20 pm

What are some good long(15-20mile) Yosemite dayhikes? I recently did a hike from T.M. to Vogelsang and then back out through Lyell Canyon. I really liked it. Any recommendations would be great. Thank You
SEKI-YOSE
First-timer
First-timer

Postby hotrod4x5 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:28 am

How about from the valley floor to the top of Yosemite Falls, then over to Yosemite Point, North Dome, then back to the valley via the snow creek falls trail.
hotrod4x5
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby sierranomad » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:20 pm

1: Mist Trail to Panorama Trail to 4 Mile Trail to Valley (loop) [about 13 miles if you use the valley shuttle to finish the loop]
2: TM to YV via Cathedral Lakes, Sunrise, Clouds Rest to Valley [about 24 miles]
3: Valley Loop (the mid and western sections) [about 12 miles]
sierranomad
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking