Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Little Yosemite to May Lake

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Little Yosemite to May Lake

Postby Malbomber » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:33 pm

Anyone have any suggestions for a route from Little Yosemite to May Lake? The only way I really saw was around Clouds Rest and down to Tenaya.
Malbomber

Postby AlmostThere » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:06 pm

There are all kinds of routes, if you put no limit on length/duration.

You could go down the Mist Trail, across Yo Valley, up Snow Creek, cross the road, continue to Ten Lakes, and travel onward to May. You could go up through Cathedral, cross the road, head through Tuolumne Meadows out to Glen Aulin, and head up the trail from there.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby Malbomber » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:34 pm

I was looking for something I could do in 1 day
Malbomber

Postby AlmostThere » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:43 pm

I didn't expect that, since the majority of hikers don't do that kind of miles in a single day - you've already found the shortest route and it's pretty long....

So no, that's about it for the good routes. If you have a wilderness permit be aware that they consider walking along roads as exiting the wilderness. Crossing them to continue on trail is okay.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking