Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Needing new 2-3 day Trip suggestions due to fire!

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Needing new 2-3 day Trip suggestions due to fire!

Postby BigTFlyer » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:57 pm

Hey everyone,

Was looking to do a TM through Cathedrial Lakes and Sunrise lakes down to the valley, but due to the fire, it looks like those will be closed for a while (looking to go Oct. 10th-12th).

Trying to scramble up a great 3 day- 2 night hike for me and my buddies who have never been to Yosemite. Do you guys have any suggestions of area's that are great this time of year that aren't effected by the fire?

Thanks for all the help!

Tim
BigTFlyer

Re: Needing new 2-3 day Trip suggestions due to fire!

Postby balzaccom » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:51 pm

Sure. Anything east of the fire is going to be smoky, so I would look at Ten Lakes Basin or Illilouette Canyon out of Mono Meadows.

You could also think about the east side: Twenty Lakes Basin, Walker Lake up to Sardine Lakes and Mono Pass, Rush Creek up the Thousand Island Lake...

All of those are also on our website, if you want more info or photos.
Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-Rocks-Paul-Wagner/dp/0984884963
balzaccom
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking