Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Breeze Lake loop/ Entry from sierra National Forrest

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in the Sierra Nevada and elsewhere outside Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Breeze Lake loop/ Entry from sierra National Forrest

Postby mknight1984 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:26 pm

I am planning a backpacking trip with me and my girlfriend to Yosemite in august, we have never been. We are looking at entering through the Sierra national forest and doing the breeze lake loop. It seems to be the perfect amount of time around 4-5 days at a slow pace taking in much scenery and relaxing around the lakes. My first of a few questions is if anyone has done this loop where are the best places to set up camp along the way and also what exact trail head will lead to the loop around these lakes such as chain lakes, breeze lake ans moraine meadows. we are thinking about a trek up gale peak as well.

so basically we are looking for the trail head to lead to the loop and suggestions on where to set up camp for a 4-5 day trip around this area. i gave a link to show the area we are talking about and to also show about how much info i have gathered so far. someone now familiar with the area you can see how little i have to work with. thanks in advance!

http://www.backpacker.com/destinations/hikes/8576
mknight1984

Re: Breeze Lake loop/ Entry from sierra National Forrest

Postby Grzldvt » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:40 am

Just curious, what are you looking for in a first time trip that takes you into this area for your very first time in Yosemite?
Steve
Grzldvt
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby AlmostThere » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:38 am

Is this your first backpack trip?

Permits wil be needed but are easier to obtain outside the park.

If this is a first backpack, i suggest hiking fewer days and doing a base camp with day hikes.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby mknight1984 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:33 pm

This is not my first time backpacking just first time out west have been 5 days in Kentucky's red river gorge for the past couple years. I picked this area because it seems to be far away from crowds a moderate amount of time nothing too long and also we plan on spending some time in the valley prior to heading to this area.
mknight1984

Return to Hiking & backpacking outside Yosemite National Park